Mindful breathing technique and meditation to promote LOVE and Kindness.
Our breath is a perfect expression to the dynamic exchange of giving and receiving LOVE. Notice when we resist inhaling or exhaling we feel discomfort.
- Set a timer for your meditation time. 3 to 6 minutes suggested
- Sit comfortably, place your hands in your lap.
- Take a mindful deep breath in, hold for a couple seconds and exhale the haaaaaa sound.
- Rub your palms together creating energy. Place your right hand on your heart, left hand on top.
- Continue to breathe naturally as you lower or close your eyes. Feel more relaxed and peaceful with each exhale as you begin to release what brings fear, anger, resentment and no longer serves you.
- Silently repeat the phrase “ I am LOVE” for 1 to 6 minutes. If your mind drifts (and it probably will ;), simply return to your breath and you mantra I am LOVE. I am LOVE, I am……
- Become aware of the effortless inflow and outflow of breath. Feel your heart, mind and body begin to fill with love, forgiveness, compassion and kindness.
- When you are ready, slowly open your eyes and proceed your day with LOVE.
Mindful Movement and Omm Poses will elevate your heart rate and your mood 🙂
- Cobra Pose
- Bow Pose
- Standing Bow Pose
Bring attention to LOVE with a mindful journal entry.
When forgiving yourself and others, write it down, tear it out and let it go. Let go of who and what does not serve you. This does not mean you have to spend time with this person or agree with their actions. This allows you to release the pain and open up to more LOVE. (This may not happen right away. The more you practice this meditation, the more present LOVE will become in every aspect of your life.
Write down the following:
I forgive _____ for ______
I forgive myself for _______________________
Choose one or do them all
I love my….
I love that I can……
I love when……
I love to see….
I love how…..
I show compassion and empathy when I…..
I am grateful for…..
Loving Reflections and Affirmations:
Go in front of a mirror or get a hand held one. Look into the mirror at yourself. Embrace your beautiful face then gaze into your eyes. Say what you love about yourself. Physical features as well as Loving gestures you do (or plan to do) for yourself and others. i.e.. I love my strong body and mind, I want to eat healthy because I love the way it feels. I love my ability to forgive. I love how I recognize the gifts in others, I will listen with LOVE and without judgment. I trust the flow in life and my eyes see the beauty in all people and things. I see LOVE everywhere!
This can feel a little weird and even be difficult for many people. If you are having trouble or start to say something negative just stop and witness where this is coming from, do not judge, just stop, notice, take a deep breath and change your lyrics into ones of LOVE. I am deserving of LOVE. I forgive myself and others to allow more room in my heart for LOVE. I show compassion and empathy by listening, hearing and feeling love for others. I see LOVE in everyone and everything. I am peace – harmony – laughter and of course LOVE 🙂
LOVE Vocab – Practice a LOVING dialogue with these simple definitions describing the meaning of the LOVE – Compassion – Empathy – Peace – Harmony – Forgiveness – Worthiness – Kindness
Make a LOVE playlist with these LOVE songs. Add your faves!
The Greatest LOVE of all – George Benson or Whitney Houston
All you need is LOVE – The Beatles
What is LOVE – Haddaway
LOVE stinks – J Gyles Band
LOVE will find a way – Pebo Bryson
Can you feel the LOVE tonight- Elton John
LOVE Yourself – Justin Bieber
A crazy little thing called LOVE – Queen
I want to know what LOVE is – Foreigner
Endless LOVE – Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
How deep is your LOVE The Bee Gees
Sweet LOVE – Lionel Richie
Silly LOVE songs – Paul McCartney or Wings
What’s LOVE got to do with it – Tina Turner
Looking for LOVE – Johnny Lee
Let your LOVE Flow The Bellamy Brothers
LOVE Myself – Hailee Steinfield
I will Always LOVE You – Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston
Change the world. Leave us a comment. Help us help others.